Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Waterloo, IA Hall of Fame In Need of Help




I spoke to BJ Race this morning. As I understand it, the Iowa Hall of Fame DID NOT have flood insurance. This means that this already near-catastrophic damage will be even harder for them to work their way out of.

She and Harley's World League Wrestling are, of course, doing a benefit show for the Waterloo Hall this weekend. In addition, she is planning on holding a silent auction during the weekend. She has asked for donations of memorabilia to be auctioned off at the Induction Weekend and has already gotten commitments from Roddy Piper, Bret Hart and Wendy Weaver to bring items to be added to the silent auction.

I will be sending some of my memorabilia that I hope will help the Hall and am hoping that some other folks can do the same. If you have items to donate to the silent auction, please get in touch with me and I will figure out a way to place you in touch with the Race's to schedule delivery.

Time is short as they are leaving next Wednesday, so we have to get it to them quickly. BJ has also told me that any items that might not sell at the Iowa Hall would then be donated to the Cauliflower Alley Club to be auctioned for their Benevolent Fund next year.

Any questions, e-mail me at wes@caulifloweralleyclub.org

Thanks for your support!